Saturday I laced up my running shoes and tweeted "this two month sabbatical is about to be dust".
What sparked that you ask? Well that would be standing in my closet looking for something to wear that I didn't make me feel like a stuffed sausage. Instead of griping and moaning and tearing my closet apart for something to wear I promptly put on my running shorts and t-shirt.
Yes sir. I did about two miles on Saturday. I ran for 15 minutes and a little over a mile without stopping. I was totally satisfied with that. I had expected some relapse in my progress.
As most of you know, my schedule is a non-schedule especially on my weeks off. So Monday morning, I was a bit bored and decided to check and see what time sunrise was. I had about thirty minutes so I went ahead and got dressed and ready. I loaded up my camel-bak and stuck my head in Dearest' office and said "don't worry if I'm gone for a while, I'm going for a long one". So a long one for me means anything 4 miles or over. I'm still a beginner here. I headed out the door about 6:30 a.m.
Wow. Talk about crowded. I typically would hit the park around lunch time or early afternoon (before it got blue blazes hot) and there were never so many people there. I'm not a terribly social person, especially when I'm wheezing for breath bargaining with myself to keep moving. The morning crowd is way more social than the afternoon crowd. Kind of strange.
Anyway, I made my goal for the day. I ran 25 minutes and 1.64 miles without stopping. Not too shabby considering two months ago, the last time I ran I was at almost the same level. After my 25 non stopper I decided to do a bit of walking sprinkled with a few jogs here and there bringing my total to right over three miles when I decided I was done for the morning. I walked to my car and started unloading my camel-bak when my mom pulled in for her morning walk with her friend.
Well at this point I decided I could probably walk a little more and get to spend some time with my mom. Holy molies these women walk about as fast as I jog. No kidding. So that tacked on another two miles for a grand total of 5.52 for the day. I felt pretty darn good about that. Definitely the longest outing I've had so far. I also had two voicemails from Dearest when I got in the car wanting to know if I was still alive. Silly man.
As I sit here typing I'll let you know that I'm in my running gear, waiting for the sun to come up.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Post a Comment