The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Friday, July 16, 2010

BYOC Friday * Bring Your Own Craziness*

Loves me some brain breaks!  Thanks Drazil

It's give your brain a break Friday - A whole blog entry ready for the taking... just copy and paste the questions into your blog and answer away.  It's our way of getting to know new and old bloggers a little better!
Enjoy!

1. Because I'm going hardcore on Monday to lose my last 15 before vacation I'm curious... what's the oddest diet you have tried?  Or which ones have you tried and were any successful?

I've done weight watchers, which worked fine for, but I had the most success on a 40-40-20 split diet.  40% of your daily calorie intake from protein, 40% from carbs and 20% from fat.  At the time I was taking in about 1400 calories a day and it was a challenge - it's hard to eat 1400 calories of "good foods".  I was never hungry.  I was also the leanest I've ever been (got down to 126 lbs) and while this was six years ago, to this day I still gag at the mention of egg whites, protein shakes, protein oatmeal, and chicken and green beans.  Just say "chicken" and I'm cool.  Just "green beans" and I'm fine.  Put those two words together and I shudder.

I tried Atkins.  Yeah that lasted about two hours.  I also did the slim fast diet and lost a good 30 pounds, but used is as a kick start to weight watchers, it wasn't sustainable for me.

The sandwich diet.  I'm kind of on this one now - easy and cheap.  I eat a lot of home made sandwiches.  I LOVE sandwiches.  Unnaturally so I think.  An old boyfriend lost probably 20 pounds doing this and used it as a jump start.  You've got to start somewhere, and replacing fast food with something from your own kitchen is a good way to start.


2.  Do you prefer baths or showers?

I'm a bath kind of girl.  I love to soak in a nice deep bath.  A few months back I wasn't allowed to take baths for 2-3 weeks for medical reasons - it was torture.  I was very very cranky due to this and the fact that I was jealous that Dearest could take baths and I couldn't.


3.  What is your favorite breakfast food?


Man I love me some breakfast.  I eat breakfast food any time of the day.  On the weekends growing up my dad would always make a huge breakfast - and Christmas mornings we have a family tradition where my Dad's side of the family all comes over for breakfast - and this breakfast is ginormous!  We have breakfast casserole, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage (patties and links), creamed rice, biscuits, gravy, fried apples, grits, oh man.  I can't choose just one favorite.  I just can't.



4. What's your least favorite word?

Hah. Convenience.  Weird, yeah I know.  I spent a whole semester in college re-defining the word.  Every class revolved around this word.  We did campus wide surveys about this word.  I shudder every time someone breathes this word and restrain myself from asking them to define it.  Oh Dr. Mac how you ruined me.



5. Repeat question... make someone a Superstar for a day!  Whose blog or comment spoke to your or stuck with you the most this week and why?

Okay well first off - I think this woman is already a Superstar!  She is just totally awesome in my book.  Her blog doesn't have anything to do with weight loss - in fact it's about southern cooking - but she is the kindest and most positive person ever - Christy Jordan.  Her post on Our Best Pancakes, Attitude, & Mules is one that I go back and re-read often.  Love her.

Also Amy's post -Letter   over at Food's Ex Best Friend stuck with me simply because I'm in the exact same place.




1 comments:

Hmmm....the sandwich diet....sounds good to me.