After returning all of the phone calls and texts things look pretty grim for their youngest, who is twelve. A very sad and very shocking morning.
Add that to quite a few other things I already had weighing on my mind and I was definately ready to get out and run. Bad as it may sound I kind of like the idea of being able to run away from my thoughts. Except I forgot to wash my miniscule workout wardrobe last night... crap. I found my tech tee that I wore on my last run.. it's wicking fabric I reasoned.. I didn't sweat *that* much... *sniff* it doesn't smell.. winner! (Hey don't judge, I'm surely not the only one who's done it). The pants.. another story. I put on my one pair of shorts.. you know.. the ones I refuse to wear running because of my fear of them riding up and making me look like I'm wearing some kind of wierd bikini bottom complete with horrifically chafed thighs... yeah.. those. Thankfully I've at least lost enough weight that they didn't look half bad.. standing still.
I got the the park and today was supposed to be w5d1 - except I forgot to put that podcast on my ipod. Oops. Oh but I have it on my itouch, which is in my bag from work - oh.. but it's dead as a doornail.... so I did another day of week four. Oh.. and it started to rain as soon as I started running. Crap.
Not having week five may not have been a bad thing however. I was feeling pretty anxious about this whole week five ordeal, but completing week four in record time today boosted my confidence level so I think I'll be totally ready come Thursday.
I think this morning during my run was the only time my brain stopped chewing itself into goo. It was a welcome break. So much so I wouldn't mind going for another one when I get off work.. except that it'll be pitch dark and 3 a.m. so maybe not. I also am not technically supposed to do that. I guess.
Lessons of the day:
- Do more laundry.
- Don't let dearest do it. I had a panic attack when I thought he might have washed my dry fit tops with softener and on high heat with an inkpen in the washer (this is pretty common and apparently happened in the load with the kakis I wore to work today).
- Also tell people you love them. Every chance you get - you never know when it'll be the last chance you get.

1 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your friends daughters, you are right about making sure you tell the people you love that you love them, it is so important.
Post a Comment