We worked out for about 45 minutes or so and wound up going just a little over 3 miles. Mary Beth ran an extra mile, to see if she could run one mile straight without stopping.
After we finished up and made a quick stop by work (and Qudoba - SHAME I KNOW!!)
I stopped in at Dick's Sporting Goods to polish off a gift card I've had since x-mas. I wound up getting a pair of running shoes - less than thrilled with the customer service there, I was hoping *someone* would be able to give some advice on a shoe, but it was hard enough just to get someone to let me try one on! Anyway - I bought a pair of Asics GT 2150, a replacement sensor for my nike + and some wicking tops. I feel so guilty :P I actually only had to pay $30 though after my gift card, so I can still justify that as a good deal, right?
I stopped in at Dick's Sporting Goods to polish off a gift card I've had since x-mas. I wound up getting a pair of running shoes - less than thrilled with the customer service there, I was hoping *someone* would be able to give some advice on a shoe, but it was hard enough just to get someone to let me try one on! Anyway - I bought a pair of Asics GT 2150, a replacement sensor for my nike + and some wicking tops. I feel so guilty :P I actually only had to pay $30 though after my gift card, so I can still justify that as a good deal, right?
The silly part is that even though I've done 3.3 miles today, I want to go back out this evening and try out my new shoes, at least go for a walk. I know I shouldn't though, I need to recoup so I'll be good to go on Friday for my next session, and won't injure myself or burn myself out.
Another part of it is that after I run my headache goes away, I've been having recurring headaches for almost a week now - super annoying.
I've set a goal of logging 30 miles by my birthday - May 5th. As of today I've got 7.3 down, almost 1/3 of the way there! I figure I'll try and average about 6 miles a week, 2 miles 3 days a week. That way if I log more one day and have to miss a day or just have a bad day and don't go as far I can still make my goal.
My bum hurts - but not as much as my head.. where did I put that acetaminophen? ...
Got some serious house cleaning to do tonight, would rather do some yoga, finish my tofu from last night and lay low.. but I've put it off for way too long.. so tonight I bite the laundry bullet!

0 comments:
Post a Comment