The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time for Laundry... again?? I don't want to clean - I just want to run.

Good grief I despise laundry.  I don't mind the sorting.  I don't mind the washing, or moving them to the dryer.  I mind the folding.  I mind the putting away.  A lot.  I will avoid doing laundry until the last possible minute if I know there are clean dry clothes in the dryer that I'll have to deal with in order to get a wet load in.  I know it's time to do laundry again.. when I go to my closet and can't find a single pair of clean "grannies"
 Whaat?  Aren't you too young to be wearing those??  No way.  If all I can find in my drawer are thongs then it's time to do laundry.  Sorry.  Just because I'm young doesn't mean I see those as being comfortable.

I think that it's a part of me putting my weight back on.  Now that I'm heavier I guess I just don't feel as comfortable in the slinky scrappy things.  It's okay, unless I'm wearing a skirt.  Then I'd much rather have full coverage.. just in case.  It's not that the thongs don't fit, I just don't think they are as comfortable as my nice cotton, holy, elastic busted grannies.  I'll even take the flak from my boyfriend.

Now the other day I happened to come across a blog called The Panty Pyramid.  Now what could this be??  This a blog started by a woman who was fed up with putting herself last and having a closet of nothing but a very small number of "grannies"  She has decided to start a chain letter effect - with pretty panties.  What a grand idea!  I don't want to buy underwear it's like buying gas for my car.  An expense that needs to be, but that I still loathe.  I just don't enjoy it.  Maybe were I a size 5 again this would be different.  For now however the idea of getting panties in the mail sounded grand to me.  If you're at all strange like me - then please go and put your name on the pyramid list o'panties and pay it forward!  Mine were supposed to be shipped yesterday, so hopefully they'll be here soon.  Until then... I will grovel in my granny comfort.  Thank you very much.

In other laundry news, I also currently only have two pairs of work out pants, two wicking tops and one pair of cotton running shorts that I refuse to run in.  I run three times a week.  They get washed a lot.  Perhaps this would be something to put on my birthday list?  Not my fave idea, but again something I'd rather not really spend my money on... however it would be nice to only have to wash my running clothes once a week.

For those who are wondering, I have stayed on track with my workouts.  Tomorrow will be w3d3.  I've been meeting up with MBL on our weeks off from work (I work 7 on 7 off) and that will be my long distance day.  We've been doing 3.3 miles at the park in Winston, where I usually only do two near home.  I can tell it helps though.  It has made the transitions to the next week of c25k easier.  The last outing with MBL the shortest running interval I did was 2 minutes, the longest was 4 minutes.  Week 3 of c25k is two sets of 90 seconds and 3 minutes.  If that makes any sense at all.  I try not to look too far ahead in the program, or else I'll get scared.  Week four is a bit scary to me, and it's coming up fast.

I haven't been doing as well with my eating however.  We went out twice this week for birthday dinners.  Delicious wonderful expensive food - the first night I had pasta with clams, shrimp, mussels, basil and a .. wait for it... rose CREAM sauce.  Delish.  I at least stayed away from the desert that night.  The next night we went to the resident town steak house.  This is one of those places that used to be jacket and tie only.  So sad you don't see that anymore.  I had a 6 oz filet, twice baked potato, CREAMED spinach :) and cheesecake.  Wow.  It was awesome.  Totally worth the two pounds the scale was up the next morning.  Seriously - I was okay with it, it was that good.  We only go on there on very special occasions.  Even though my weight has gone up a bit from last week, my clothes are fitting better and I could even slide my belt up another two holes.  Didn't look good, but I could do it  :P  so I went with just notching the belt up one.

Tomorrow I'll be headed with MBL, our boss, and two of the boss bosses to Chapel Hill for the Board of Pharmacy meeting.  They are having a public hearing on a rule that will directly effect our jobs.  I hope it passes.  I hope we won't have to talk that much.  I hope no one makes me angry enough to say something I shouldn't.     :)

After that I guess I'll have my phone interview next week for the Pharmacy Times.  I think that's the right magazine... maybe I should check huh?  Kind of crazy - it's when I start to think about these things that I'm ready to go run.  I've been in a shotty mood all week.  Even after my runs - mainly because people piss me off during my run, walking their dogs on the track, or letting their kids ride their bikes and go carts on the track and I have to run around them, and try not to get run over/bit by them.  Note to self - go earlier on Saturdays... or just go on Sundays before lunch instead.

I'll be riding in the car thinking about my next run, thinking about being able to run longer and wheeze less.  Thinking about being able to do less granny shuffles and more sprints.  Thinking less about did I eat today?? and more about did I take my vitamin with breakfast?

I fell down the stairs the other day - just the last landing thank goodness.  I was in a panic about getting to the post office before 5 o'clock to mail my taxes.. because I am the QUEEN of procrastination.  I ran down the stairs, used the hand rail to whip around the corner and BAM!!  there I am on my bo'honkus. The first thing that goes through my mind (after SHIT OW) is oh no.. what if I can't run?  Thankfully I just bruised and banged up my bo'honkus and my back.  When I went for my next run I started to wonder why only the left side of my bum felt so flabby and jiggly.  I thought perhaps it's because these pants aren't as tight as my others, they aren't holding in my goo as well.  Then I realized that it wasn't so much jiggly-ness as it was that it was jarring the injured side of my bum.  Well that's a relief.  Here I thought I just had stuff flapping around, when it really just felt worse than it actually was.  I forgot about it after the first 1/2 mile.

ugh.  *sigh*  Here I am talking about running, when I should be doing laundry.  So I can have something clean to run in tomorrow to burn off the nerves up this board meeting.

1 comments:

I 100% agree about laundry, I Hate the folding & putting away part over any other chore that needs to be done in the house (except maybe cleaning toilets...)