The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh How I Lov... Loathe thee



I want a jelly donut.  And mashed potatoes.  Not together mind you... just in general.  I also want my clothes to continue to fit better.  I don't care so much about the number on the scale as how my clothes fit and how my body looks and feels.  That darn jelly donut sure would taste delicious though... *sigh*

I haven't done so well with keeping up with my calories lately.  Possibly another reason why the number on the scale hasn't changed... hum..  I did eat better today though.  I didn't eat a single candy bar from the gift shop (yesterday I think I ate two... maybe three) nor did I eat a single thing out of the vending machine, or that came out of a drive thru window.  I really could go for some chick fil-a chicken strips right now too... can you tell I'm a little bit hungry?  I'm not really.  Maybe a little.  but not really.  I don't know why I'm craving so many things and I'm not even all that hungry.

I did eat a breakfast burrito this morning (homemade) and a kiwi fruit, followed by a snack of cocoa roast almonds, a banana, a protein fruit smoothie, and the ravioli from a healthy choice dinner (sans sauce) for "lunch".  Oh and a raisin bagel.  Just the bagel, no delicious cream cheese.  Roughly 1400 calories for the day.  Not too shaby.  Now if I can just keep myself from breaking from now until the time I get home and go to bed...

Tomorrow is another run day - I've been reading some other runners' blogs and I feel like a slacker only running every other day.  I know that it's important not to push myself too hard to start out though.  I know I need recovery time, and to prevent myself from burning out... but I still feel like a slacker.  I have to keep reminding myself that I am seeing progress, even though it is slow, it's still a lot more than I've seen in the past oh.. four years or so.  After my morning run tomorrow is Sunday lunch at my brother's, he's making lasagna - then it's back to work.  I am pleased that so far I've been able to still squeeze in "runs" during my on weeks at work.  I use quotation marks around the word runs because they are still more like jog/walk/granny shuffle, but the granny in me is showing a little less now.

All of a sudden I'm rather tired.  The idea of going to the grocery store now is looking less and less apealing, especially since I now know it's been raining all night, and continues to do so.  That jelly donut isn't looking as good as my bed now.  Sadly I still have to stop and get drinks for the dearest and something for him to be able to cook for himself tomorrow night while I'm at work.  When I say something for him to cook - that means in the microwave.  Just so you know.  I'm not as good as I once was - I used to get up and cook dinner at 11 a.m. and have it ready for him to eat before I left to go to work, and before he came home.  Yeah not so much anymore.  However, he now spends more time at home than I do.  This is my justification.

Wee!  Eight more minutes and I get to go home!  Er.. to the grocery store then home!  Then to bed!  Screw you jelly donut! 



....and the mashed potatoes you rode in on.

0 comments: