Okay, so I did it - I logged a total of 30 miles before my birthday, five days early in fact. This was a good goal for me because it wasn't outlandish, it was completely doable. It even gave me a tiny bit of wiggle room incase something happened and I had to miss a day of running, but it kept me going. It's given me a since of accomplishment to see the miles add up.
I also completed W5D1 today. I've been pretty leery of week five and I've had a hard time getting there. The day I was first scheduled to start w5 I realized I hadn't downloaded it to my ipod. The second day - yesterday I got out to the park and they were having a little league soccer tournament. There was no where to even park, much less run undisturbed. Today however, it all fit into place. I chose to look at it as giving myself a little extra rest time to build up to week five. It went just fine too. After my second running interval I felt as if I could have gone a little longer and I was even tempted to do one last sprint during my cool down, which I didn't.. since I was after all "cooling down".
This was pretty reassuring for me, I feel like I'll be able to complete day two on Sunday. We're not going to talk about day three yet.
So two accomplishments today! Along with a little bit of a loss on the scale. Which was surprising. It's been a trying few days. I came home Tuesday night and I won't lie. Not only did I have a delicious grilled cheese that had swam in butter, but I also had two shots of liquor. Tonight I had a beer.. and some delicious Mexican food. I feel no shame though. I hadn't eaten anything else today and you know what I've been reminded of? We are not promised tomorrow. So dammit if I want to drink a beer I will. It's all about control - having one beer then water instead of three beers and then soda.
"You gotta live in the moment, 'cause that's all life is - just a series of moments".
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment