The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Just a Blah-ish kinda day

Okay well I made it - I actually got out of bed this morning and went for my walk/jog/shuffle and got back, showered and dressed before my dear boyfriend even knew I was gone.  I went another 2 miles this morning so that pushes me just over 1/3 of the way to my first goal, which is great.  The point behind my first goal (30 cumulative miles logged before my birthday) is to get me exercising 3 days a week.  So far so good.

Today was hard - I think it's because I tried to push myself too hard maybe?  There were lots of people my age at the park today and they were all runners.  I think I got a little bit discouraged.  My recovery periods were easier though, I wasn't wheezing and panting quite as much as I have been.  I only have one more day in week 2, and I don't know if I'll be ready to step up to week 3 or not - but I've just got to try it and see.  I've been having some knee pain, mostly when I go up and down the stairs.  At the end of my workout I did a short full out sprint and while it was much shorter in duration than my granny shuffle, it felt better.  I could feel the muscles I was using and not the pain in my knees.  I'm sure it didn't help either that I wasn't hydrated and hadn't eaten, and didn't really have any carbs for dinner the night before.. I don't think...

Blah - super tired today.  I even drank a 5hr energy drink, maximum strength and that didn't help much. 

So otherwise - not much to report for today, headed home, so I can head to bed!

0 comments: