The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Just five more minutes...



Aw man.. it's 11 a.m. already??  I'm not ready to get up, I need to sleep some more..  but today is run day.  Week 4 Day 2 of C25K.  Just five more minutes...

Okay, okay I'm up.  I'm even dressed.  Well, I'm still putting on my socks and shoes while I check my email and my facebook... oh Kate's in a relationship now really?  ... Just five more minutes, then really I'll get out the door.

Alright, I'm at the park.  Not too crowded yet, the only other runner looks to be leaving, let's get this thing started. I'll admit that even though this is day two of week four, I'm still pretty intimidated.  Four weeks ago I couldn't run more than 30 seconds at a time.  Five whole minutes of running?  Really?  More than once?

I keep telling myself, you can do this, you've done it before.  It's only five more minutes.  It's only five more minutes of discomfort, only a total of thirty minutes today that my legs and bum will burn, that my chest will heave, that the heat from my face will fog up my sunglasses.. only five more minutes.

I did it, one more day, five more minutes.

Until next week.  That's when things get really scary.

0 comments: