The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bazinga!


Week five day three - completed!  I was slow as molasses but I did it.  I ran for actually a little more than twenty minutes, non stop.  I decided I wanted to be able to say I ran a mile and a half, so I went just a little longer.  

The nice part is when my brain shuts off and I forget I'm running.  Those are the "weee" moments.  You know, when you revert just a little bit and you want to throw your hands in the air with a goofy grin on your face and go "WEEEE!"  

I'll definitely say that today was a good test of how to push myself.  ... 

                   wait wait I have to go turn the light off and type in the dark because 
                   my boyfriend just walked in the room wearing his helmet, night vision 
                   and carrying a BB Gun.  No, he's not completely insane.. maybe just
                   a little... different.  ... okay now where was I??




*sigh*

Right. A good test of how to push myself. How to tell myself to "just keep running". I've recited different mantras to keep me going, but "just keep running" seems to work the best for me. Well that and trash talking my legs.

Next obstacle - Thursday. I have new student orientation Thursday morning at 9:30 (which is more like returning student orientation for me really as this will be my third degree... I should have just sucked it up after high school and gone to med school. I didn't want to be in school for eight years, but guess what?!... happened anyway, just not all at once), hopefully that won't take too terribly long, then I'll have to register for classes I suppose, then try and squeeze in a run before I go to work.

In other news, I went to the bathroom the other night, pulled my jeans down - then realized I had forgotten to unzip or unbutton them. Score!

I'm a little over half way through C25K now, and I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I should try and do a race before my originally scheduled one in October. I really would like to do the Hawg Run, which is a local 5K in celebration of the BBQ festival, but it's also in October. The problem I've run into is that the majority of local 5K races are in April, May or October. I realize this is most likely because North Carolina is a pit of hot sticky humid melty soup in the summer (talk about molasses). It would be nice if I could find something in August, something to use as a trial run that would still give me plenty of time before the 5K I'm running with the girls in October. I suppose I'll just have to keep my eyes open, and perhaps expand my search a bit.

1 comments:

Congratulations on finishing w5d3, it is awesome that you went even longer than 20 minutes - Way to Go!