The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

All's quiet...

Not much going on around these parts lately.  The scale hasn't budged, but my clothes fit just a little bit better.  I'm still in week eight of C25K.  I forgot to run today.  Well.. not entirely.

I wound up staying up until 4:30 this morning cleaning the house, which means I slept until about 2 this afternoon.  Dearest wanted to go to the gun show so I figured I would run this evening.  I've now got just about an hour left of daylight, but I just finished eating dinner - and well I ate a lot.  I was hungry since I hadn't eaten since about 10p.m. last night.  So do I try and run on a full stomach?  Or do I just get up early to run tomorrow?  Decisions decisions.  Perhaps I should let my food settle for about 30 minutes, then go for a run around the neighborhood instead of trying to make it to the park.  I'm afraid they'll be having little league sports there this evening anyway - which means the entire park will be overrun with people.

We had Chicken Lettuce Wraps for dinner tonight courtesy of Southern Plate.  I tossed some bean sprouts and carrots on top with the noodles and they were super tasty.  I have to say, Christy Jordan has made me look to be a much better cook than I actually am.  Everything she does is simple, easy to make, inexpensive and tasty.  Okay so maybe there's not a whole lot of "healthy" food there.. but darn it's tasty.

We also turned on our A/C for the first time last night.  That's pretty big news around here - to make it until the end of May before turning on the A/C in North Carolina, I feel good about that.  Dearest has also been freezing me out since I've gotten used to it being a bit warmer in the house.  I've been bumping up the temp here and there.  Right now I've got it set on 75 degrees and I'm still wearing a jacket.  Go ahead, laugh.  I roughed it out while he was out of town because I was too darn stubborn to turn on the air and I got acclimated to 81 degrees.  I did sleep better last night though.

Well folks, I guess that's all I've got for today.  Hoping to hit the lake tomorrow and get some sun on my ghostly pale legs then too the Zoo on Tuesday.  Oh - I finally got a camelbak, Dearest bought me one for my birthday - it came in the mail yesterday.  Tomorrow should be a good day to test it out seeing as it's going to be 90 degrees out.  Hopefully I'll get out the door early enough that it won't be that hot - we'll see.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!

2 comments:

I think anytime you get outside to run and it is over 80 degrees you should get double credit (like 3 miles should equal 6), cause its HARD in the heat.
 
I totally agree Amy!