Yesterday was the most fun running I've had. Ever. It was wonderous, stupendous, and awesome.
The weather wasn't bad, it was overcast and cooler than it has been, about 81 degrees or so. I received a Garmin Forerunner for my birthday a few weeks ago and decided today that maybe I should step off the beaten path.
For the past seven weeks I've been running a pea gravel track at a local park, it's a 1/2 mile loop so after a while, it gets old. I think that running in the same circles for seven weeks had attributed to the begining of my burnout. There are however two entrances to local neighborhoods and I decided today that I would take the first one, and just make a lap, see what was back there.
It was a very nice, very quiet little neighborhood. That just kept going and going and going. After about a mile I started to get worried. I realized that I hadn't paid any attention to the road signs or how to get back to where I came from. Normally this wouldn't be such a problem, it was a safe neighborhood. It's just that I was late getting out the door and I had to go to work. I mean I had to shower... then go to work, but before that I still had to stretch and ice my knees! Well I decided I'd keep going, the road I was on had to end eventually, it was a neighborhood afterall, I figured it had to go somewhere... right? Finally I came back around full circle right from where I jumped off the track in the park. *whew* That was a relief. All that worry really did help the time go by though! I felt great throughout the whole run and towards the end I even decided to try and go a bit faster.
I'm not granny shuffling anymore, but I'm still pretty slow. Right now I'm averaging about a 14 minute mile. I wanted to see what a 10 minute mile felt like. I still don't know. :P I do however know what a 10:58 mile feels like, so maybe I'll get there yet.
Afterwards I felt wonderful, and felt great for the rest of the night. A lot of times I'm really sluggish the rest of the night after a run.
Oh and Dearest also told me I looked cute in spandex. Bonus! I <3 him. :)
Looking foward to tomorrow's run. I'll have to get up extra early because we are also celebrating my Dad's birthday before I go to work, but that's okay. Hopefully it won't be pouring down rain!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Post a Comment