My birthday was about five days ago, and I pretty much gave myself license to eat what I wished. Well, not really. The first night we went out I did well. I made healthy choices. Then dear sweet grandmother told the waitress it was my birthday. You know what that means? Ice cream. Covered in chocolate deliciousness and delightful whipped cream. The three of us split it, thankfully.
Then seeing as how my birthday coinsides with cinco de mayo, there was mexican food. Lots of yummy cheese sauce, then my mother's strawberry cake - which a quarter of was sent home with me. I decided if I just ate the rest of it at one sitting it would be gone - out of the way, no more temptation. Wow. I was really ready to puke after that. I think that's when I started feeling super crummy.
I got a Garmin Forunner for my birthday, which I'm excited about. Sadly I've only used it once. That's because I've been super duper slack and disgustingly lazy. True story. I think I pushed myself a little too hard on my last run to increase my speed and wound up with a very angry hamstring - just one mind you. So I decided I needed to take an extra day to rest. That extra day has lasted about four days now.
I've been so tired lately, probably from the enormous influx of sugars and refined carbs that I haven't been able to get myself out of bed to go run. Dearest being gone for work hasn't helped much either.
Dearest boyfriend (who should really be more than that by now) has a job that entails him being out of town and out of reach for fourteen days at a time. Then once he returns home he's home and off work for thirty days. Needless to say I get a bit spoiled during those thirty days and when he leaves I get a bit.. blueish. So does our dog, bless her heart. You've never seen a dog who mopes as much as this one when dearest isn't there to constantly torment her.
So in whole - I've been in a pretty sour mood lately. I even made a mental list today on the drive to work of things that bother me. I thought maybe this would help me get to the root of my eating gorge fests.
I think all it really proved was that I have a lot of pent up hostility when I drive... and road rage, lots of road rage. Oh well.
Thank goodness tomorrow is another day. Another chance for a fresh start.

2 comments:
Post a Comment