The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Evil Yaki

Yaki Steak that is.

Went to eat dinner with my dad last night.  Mom is out of town at the beach for a few days and with dearest still at work we decided to dine together, instead of having cereal for dinner over the sink at our respective houses.  We wound up going for Japanese, choices in town are a bit limited on Sunday evenings here - but we found an open restaurant on the second try.  The food tasted great, it had been forever since I had eaten Japanese food.  Dearest refuses to eat it unless we go for sushi, he for some reason is totally opposed to hibachi.   Long story short, I wound up with a nasty case of food poisoning.  Yuck.


I'll spare you the gory details, but just think something similar to the exorcist.  I think.  I'll confess I've never actually seen that movie completely through.  True story.  Ugh.

Thankfully it must have been a pretty mild case, after a couple of hours I started to feel better.  With the exception of being a bit weak today, and most likely still a bit dehydrated I've felt fine.

Until I went to the grocery store.

Do you ever see people who you know you know, but you hope it's not actually them.  Yeah.  Combine that with a chorus of completely INSANE drivers (I swear someone in a sedan was playing chicken with a mini-van) and you get a twenty minute conversation with a previous acquaintance while her husband constantly steals glances and gawks at my boobs.  Come on now.  Let's not be totally obvious.  Yes I have big boobs.  No, they weren't even hanging out.. much, but this is normal.  This particular guy *always* stares at my boobs. Ew.  Afterwards, walking through the produce section I'll admit, I felt violated.  Wish dearest would have been there to punch him in the teeth.  Oh well.

I should have known better than to go to the grocery store before 2 a.m.

I promise, all the weirdos go grocery shopping at 8 p.m. - not in the middle of the night.  I even almost got ran over by the guy waxing the floors.  He honestly chased me, then practically pushed me out of the way while I was trying to pay.  I had to move myself and my buggy mid credit-card payment in order to prevent being sucked into the wheels of ooey-gooey floor cleaner madness.

*sigh*

I also didn't run today.  I figured that a combination of being sick the night before and it raining non stop for the past 48 hours wouldn't help my cause.  I'll need to catch up tomorrow.  I'll also need to hydrate better.

My last run almost got real interesting.  It's been pretty warm lately, but I've run in warmer weather.  Apparently I was just too parched however.  I must have gotten over heated because at the end of my 25 minute running interval (after praising God that it was over) I just about wobbled to the ground.  Then I must confess I felt rather drunk on the drive home.  Thankfully I don't live far from the park.  Thankfully there weren't many other drivers on the road, including policemen.

REI is having their anniversary sale the next few weeks, I guess I should take advantage of that and invest in a camel bak, since I've been looking at them for oh, at least a year.

I've finally felt a little more productive tonight, thank goodness.  I've got my kitchen mostly clean, next it's *gasp* laundry time!!

3 comments:

I haven't done any running since Friday. I have been sick also and now I'm worried that when I try to get back into it I will be unable to finish...so I am almost afraid to try (lame, I know)
 
No, I totally understand Amy! I think that's why it took so long for me to get back into it after my birthday. I haven't been unable to finish a c25k workout yet and I didn't want to fail now.

Go lace up your shoes and run! My time off was good for me, I felt refreshed when I went back out there and I remembered why I was doing this. The fact that once you get past the pain - it feels REALLY good!
 
Oh no!!! That is just terrible. Terrible.