The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just Five Pounds...

Ok, so far my strategy is working - thank heavens.  What strategy you ask?  The just five pounds strategy.  I have a tendency to get overwhelmed when I look at how far I have yet to go.  I get die-hard weight loss in mind and wind up being super restrictive of my diet.  Which lasts for about a week before I say screw it and OD on Krispy Kreme and pasta.  So this time I'm taking it five pounds at a time, at least to start out.

So far I've gone through two sets of five - for a total of ten pounds since January 2nd.  I know most of this is water weight so I can't expect to keep on such a pace, but it sure is nice for now.  Not to mention that I'm half way to 10%.  So you loverlies have a wonderful day - I'm headed over to victoria's secret.com to replace some of my battle-worn undies.  ;)

2 comments:

I love your 5 lbs at a time! We are the same in that I too get tired and OD on cake and other carbs! Great job so far this year!
 
10 lbs in two weeks is awesome! Even losing water weight in the begining I have never lost that much - congrats :)