Okay today's accomplishment: I went running.
Woot! I haven't gone since June-ish I think, when it got so unbearably hot and I wussed out. Then of course... it got cold. I'm an even bigger wuss in the cold than I am in the heat, but you know what? I actually really enjoyed myself. I even learned that given the choice, I'd rather run in the cold than in the heat. Now when I say cold, remember I do live in the south, so 35-45 degrees is indeed cold. ;)
Thankfully my very enjoyable run made me realize that it's time to double team this weight loss. In the past several years I've tried either dieting or exercise, but not both. I blamed it on a lack of time and/or resources when in reality it was just a lack of motivation and determination.
Things are going well with Weight Watchers, I've yet to feel deprived and in fact on several occasions have had a hard time getting in all my points for the day (we even ate out twice today!). I'm sorry but I just feel completely wrong about eating a deep dish pizza just because I have the "points". Granted it is nice to have the option should I go into a carb breakdown. I started out wanting to just lose weight, but I'm in this to get healthier, to feel better, and well the weight loss - it'll be a great side effect.
I re-started the C25k program today. Back on week 1. I was curious to see how I did in comparison with the last time I started the program. I am proud to say I started off much stronger this time and I don't think I granny shuffled once! I did however really run out of steam towards the end. Then I realized that somehow I had managed to finish the week 1 podcast and get mid-way into week 2. Oops.
The other nice thing about running in cooler weather - there are fewer people out, by far. Score again! Especially since my pants kept wanting to fall down - but I'm counting that as yet another good thing.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment