The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Focu.... what? SHINY!

What is this week's goal?  Focus.  Focus to make the right choices.  Focus on whether I really want the hotdog with slaw and onions and mayo and mustard, and the cheeseburger with mayo and pickle.. it is a small burger after all... and the hot dog alone just isn't enough... should I get the basket of world's most delicious french fries that's the size of my head too?? ... YES I do really want it - but focus.. do I want the self loathing and doubt and bloating that comes with it?? ... yeah not so much.  Do I want a grilled chicken sandwich with baked potato chips and a side of "hey I can still like myself today" and not undo all that progress.  Yeah, I like that choice better.

Then what do you know - I couldn't even eat the chips.  Too full.  Thanks H2O.  Thanks delicious grilled chicken with lettuce and tomato.

All this talk of focusing makes me think of Mallrats - Oh dear Kevin Smith.  How you defined my high school years.

*shakes away wistful look*

Anyway.. what was I talking about?? .. Oh right FOCUS

So that's what I'm aiming for.  Focus on my goals, and why I'm putting things in my mouth.  Am I really hungry, or am I just bored/tired/emotional/habit/becauseit'stimetoeat.

Totally random question - when you call in an order at a restaurant, and go to the counter to pick it up and take it home, do you leave a tip on the credit card receipt?  What is the standard here?

3 comments:

I have issues focusing on good food choices on the weekend, I don't make the worst choice but I also don't make the best choice.

Also, I have wondered about leaving a tip when I pick up food. If it is the curbside kind where they bring it out to my car, I give them a tip. If I go in and pick it up at the counter, then no tip....but really, I have no idea if thats the right way.
 
I don't tip when I order and pick up. I think it is nuts to leave a tip when all they have to do is key in an order. They do that at McDonald's too.. Are you leaving the 'you want fries with that' chic a tip?

Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel
 
Thanks guys! I never leave a tip when I pick up, but I feel like at some places they give me the stink eye when I don't. Maybe I'm just paranoid. :P