The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Completely Honest

I just ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  And I haven't run in probably over a week.

I suck.

Excuses:


1. a.)   It's too hot.  Really too fricken hot.  I'm a wuss, and wusses don't like to run when it's 90 + degrees.
         
b.)  I won't run after dark due to safety reasons.  I run alone, which is brave enough for me.  Running alone after dark I feel is just a bad idea for me.
     
2.  I stupidly bought two pints of Ben & Jerry's at the grocery store because they were buy one get one free.  When Dearest didn't eat his I ate it for him.  This isn't so much an excuse as it is a statement of truth.  

Yeah.  That's all.  Thanks.

5 comments:

I ate bad this weekend too (4 cookies last night, 3 tacos, chips & guacamole, more fruit than I can remember...) And I skipped my run yesterday. Its too hot to run outside here too and I hate, HATE, running on a treadmill, it is so boring. Anyway, I have no words of wisdom just more of a 'I hear ya'
 
1. You don't suck, your choice sucked. This happened. It's called life. Don't sweat it unless you are eating pints every weekend.

2. You are worth running for, so get out there girl!

Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel
 
Thanks guys! I did at least get a run in today on the old 'dreadmill' Going to try it again tomorrow.
 
just checking up on you..hope youre doing well
 
Thanks for checking up on me Tricia! Things are going alright - hopefully I'll have an update up soon :)