Okay.. so I'm currently sitting here with a rice crispy treat the size of my head.
Well.. almost the size of my head..
Don't try and talk me down... I'm going to eat this sucker. There is no doubt about it.
Just wanted to let you guys know. :)
Thanks by the way - for hanging around.
Things have been crazy lately. Quite literally. Dearest and I have been dealing with someone with some... stalkerish tendencies for quite awhile now. Sadly this isn't my first rodeo with this kind of situation either. At least I've got some experience dealing with it.. but geez that's just sad.
Hence my hastey entrance into blogger seculsion (and crazy paranoia land).
For now - we'll leave that at "that".
In other news, I don't think I've run since ... July. ? Not sure. Not on purpose at least. My weight has stayed pretty stable but I've noticed a huge difference in my level of "squishiness" Ew. I tried for a bit going on a mediterranian style diet. While tasty, anything that requires me to cook so often just isn't going to work. I'm too lazy to work 10 hour days, cook and clean. It's that simple. Hey at least I know it.
Dearest, bless his heart is just scared to death of the oven. If he can't cook it in the microwave you'd better believe he's just going to go to the drive thru for dinner. Oddly enough though I hear rumors that he is a pretty mean cook - over a fire pit.
Other than that though I've been celebrating over the fact of just cooking something period. I got my Southern Plate cookbook in the mail this week. Now this is NOT a diet cookbook. This is NOT a healthy living cookbook. This IS a feel good, southern tradition cookbook. It WILL make you cry, and laugh. Well - I did anyway. I'm a huge Christy Jordan fan and well I'm just so darn proud of her.
*update: previously mentioned rice crispy treat is now dessicated*
So yeah, I haven't gained any ground on weight loss, (in fact the batteries in my scale died about 2 months ago) reached any goals, run any miles, or any of that good stuff. However - amongst all of the bad that's been hanging around lately I've realized that I'm pretty darn happy. Yeah I'm still wearing the same size clothes, but I feel good. I'm not hiding under the covers with all of the blinds drawn shut. I'm not wearing baggy sweats, or going days without showering. I make a concious effort to fix my hair and put on some resemblance of make-up before I go out into the big bad world.
Picking up the pieces baby.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sounds like your doing good. Eating better is not just about losing weight but feeling good about yourself and it sounds like you are there :)
Post a Comment