The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Still Hanging On

So, as typical I got a bit disheartened by this whole journey.  Don't get me wrong, I still want to be healthier and skinnier, and all that jazz but sometimes it just gets old.  So after about a seven month hiatus here I am again.  Thankfully this time I was able to maintain instead of gaining everything back.  Woot woot!  At least I don't feel like I'm starting from scratch all over again.

Since I was here last, I do have some pretty cool and scary news - I'm getting married!  Dearest finally popped the question and now I'm trying to *not* hyperventilate while I plan this wedding!  I have found my dress, but I haven't bought it yet because I'm stubborn and in denial that my wedding dress will have to be *that* large.  I really don't want to wear a size 18 wedding dress!  *tear*  I mean really, that's like four sizes larger than my normal clothes that I wear every day!  Silly designers.  I tried on one dress that fit perfectly and was a size 12.  I shouldn't get so hung up on a size, but hey let's be real - I'll always be hung up on that, at least until I get back to a smaller size.  I was heartbroken when I went to try and dresses and the woman told me oh you can't have that dress, it doesn't come in "women's sizes".  What?? Thankfully it wasn't *the* dress, so I wasn't upset over that - I was just upset that she had me trying on "women's sizes" and that they constitute a size 14 as such!  Sorry - I think that's a crock.  Yes I have hips, and boobs and curves - don't go making me feel guilty about it then try to cover it up saying oh, well you're just a "real woman".  Bull hockey.

Anyway, I've also gone back to weight watchers.  I went with their online program, and thankfully the automatic draft has kept me attached.  Yes, I took about three months off - but I'm back since I didn't cancel my draft.  I really want to be down to 135 for the wedding, which is possible - that's about 38 pounds I just have to find the gumption to un-velcro myself from the computer and the couch.

Speaking of which it's a beautiful day, I should definitely go enjoy it!

0 comments: