The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Who Let In the Fat Kid?

Whoa nelly!

Okay, the fat kid came out to play last night.  She's been knocking on my door all week and I finally gave in.  This week has been a tough one.  Dearest left to go out of town for two weeks (with no available contact) and I averaged maybe three hours of sleep a night.  Due to unforeseen circumstances I wound up working a double shift (my normal shift is ten hours) and going from second shift to third shift back to second shift.  Needless to say I'm still not sure what day it is.

All week I survived solely on caffeine and sugar. oh and fast food.  *YIKES*

I haven't gone within three feet of the bathroom scale.

I know I'm horribly dehydrated because all I drank was soda and various energy drinks.  I also reunited with Little Debbie.  Oh the horror.  I've also been spending lots of quality time with "John".  You know, the porcelain one.

I've felt horrible the past few days, I even called in sick tonight.  I've worked there for over a year and have never missed a day, never even taken a vacation day.  The combination of lack of sleep, both from over working, crazy shifts and from over caffeination along with the sudden influx of sugar equals the feeling of being poo spread on melba toast.

So today I alternated trips to visit John with quality bed time.  However, I woke up once to realize the dog had pushed me over and had taken over my pillow.  Greedy animal.

I haven't told you the really fat part though.

Feeling so cruddy starts a cycle for me.  So when I got off work I decided to go to the grocery store.  I've been having some issues with a very dry nose and was going to pick up some vaseline - you know what else jumped into my cart? ....

A twelve pack of mini one bite cupcakes.

Oh and a box of macaroni which I put back once to look for a bigger size, then picked back up.

...and some bananas - okay that wasn't so painful.

The Bryers ice cream I struggled with.  Should I get coffee fudge brownie or Heath?  That one took a good five minutes and I'm still not sure what I wound up with.

I came home, decimated all but three of the cupcakes (which I polished off for breakfast along with a bowl of golden grahams by the way) and a small frozen party pizza while watching t.v. episodes on Hulu.

Holy crap how did the fat kid get in the door?!?

So today, while getting dressed I noticed I look like a duck.  All the bloating, the lethargy, the crankiness, I think it's time for a detox.  It's time to kick the fat kid out and let the door hit her on her very padded ass on the way out.

Anyone have any detox suggestions?

4 comments:

Oh God - Little Debbies...they are sinful...it's been so long. You're human - pick yourself up and start over..it's all you can do. That or give up and I know you won't give up.
 
Thanks Drazil! No plans here on giving up, just dusting off and picking back up.
 
Is it sad that I am a little jealous that you got to eat junk & fast food? I don't know of any good detox but a lot of sweaty exercise can get rid of some toxins. Good Luck!
 
A good run always did it for me along with some yoga it just relaxes and stretches and just makes me feel better. I do the eat horrible thing when my hubby goes away too I just end up missing him so much and I get bored! Sweat it out you will feel better.