The Journey Provides the Destination

My journey to a healthier life.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Going Somewhere, But Not Fast

Almost two months have gone by and I lost a few pounds, but then gained them back plus some. Now I was even closer to the 200 lb. mark and even more depressed and unmotivated. My company's Christmas party is this weekend and I had nothing to wear, none of my 'party' dresses fit me anymore. I went shopping and found an okay dress that was on sale, but it was a little too tight. I admit, I had to turn it around backwards and bunch it up at my waist to zip it, then inch it back around and up over my boobs. Technically it fit... so I bought it. I thought surely I could just drink extra water over the next week and it would be alright.


That did help my motivation considerably. I've lost 6 lbs now - not in this one week that number is more like 2 lbs. I tried the dress back on yesterday (Thursday) and realized that although the dress did fit.. a little better I was still uncomfortable and would be self concious about my cleavage that was spilling out all night. So I went and found a different dress, amazingly from the junior's department but that was cut differently and I feel much better about it, sadly it was much more expensive, even on sale. It'll be worth it though that I won't be so uncomfortable at the party.

My healthcare plan offers special rewards and discounts for logging physical activity on their website (blue cross blue shield) and I thought that was pretty cool. I signed up for that about four days ago. You can earn 10 points a day for 30 minutes of physical activity (even sweeping the floors) or for doing health research. You can trade in your points for things like pedometers and backpacks and waterbottles and jackets and things. It also has some pretty good diet programs you can sign up for, although I can't really commit to that at the moment. Right now I'm focusing on the little things first. Right now I'm trying to get in more water, watch my portions and work in more footsteps in my day. I've been eating special K cereal with skim milk for my breakfasts, and for a snack if I get hungry. I keep a box and a carton of milk at work - it makes for a better snack than the candy bars and potato chips we have in our break room. I also bought some healthy choice dinners to have for lunch. I like the ones that have desert with it. That way I can still get something sweet and I don't feel guilty for it.

Yesterday after lunch - I had a lean cuisine pizza - I wanted something sweet and I was being taunted by the ice cream in the freezer. I had some left over sweet potato casserole in the fridge, nice and sweet and warm but a very small amount. That worked well. Thankfully my dear sweet boyfriend finished off all the icecream for me the other night. *Whew* don't have to worry about that anymore.

I also did better eating out last night. I Went to eat with my boyfriend and his grandmother. I only had one roll, I ate all of my salad with only half the dressing and ate half of my sweet potato and chicken. I can do this.

0 comments: